03.05.23 Sermon Notes & CG Questions
March 5, 2023
Galatians 6:9 And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
Isaiah 62:3–4 (NLT) — 4 …Your new name will be “The City of God’s Delight” and “The Bride of God,” for the Lord delights in you and will claim you as his bride.
2 Questions in any situation:
Next Week: Acts 5
Questions for the Community
- What comes to mind when you think of your confidence level. How does God speak of confidence in ways that are different from how most think/speak about the topic?
- In a quiet undistracted place…sit with the question: Where does my confidence rest?
- Have you ever been in trouble for doing the right thing? How did it make you feel? How did you respond? (Gal. 6:9)
- Two “unchangeable facts” rule over our universe: love of God, hate of the enemy. What evidence is in Acts 4 of this? What evidence is there of this in your week?
- Someone retell the story from Acts 4. Dream up headlines that would capture the essence of what is going on.
- It’s important to follow our leaders but then name the failings and NOT follow when appropriate (as opposed to simply saying “our leaders are bad” so I won’t follow them). What example is there for us in Acts 4 on submitting and resisting?
- How is God working in your trials and oppositions right now? Are you training yourself to ask the 2 questions discussed?
Plan of Action
8. What you THINK of suffering determines what you’ll DO in suffering (see 2 Timothy 2:8-14 and sermon on that topic). How will you “inquire of the Lord” about your current events? Are you prepared to display your confidence in God by saying YES to whatever he shows you to do in response?