03.12.23 Sermon Notes & CG Questions
March 12, 2023
Mention Jesus and you’ll get different reactions:
*see Matthew 10 for Jesus on differing reactions
False idol #1…
Romans 10:3; Galatians 1:1
False idol #2…
1 Timothy 6:10
1. Do you
2. Do you
1 Timothy 6:17-18
3. Do you
Next Week: Acts 6
Questions for the Community
1. What forms might compromise and hypocrisy take in your own life?
2. When have you tried to fool God? On the other hand when have you experienced the fear of the Lord?
- Describe a time you were you duped by an imposter (either by a person or false god). How do you actively guard against being the imposter?
- Where did Ananias and Sapphira go wrong? What did they have to gain from lying?
- How have you seen people try to use God and the church to further their own ends? How do you feel about God’s judgment?
- In your personal and professional life, in what situations are you most tempted to be unethical or dishonest? Why?
- How, as local church members, can we address compromise in each other’s lives with both seriousness and graciousness?
- Do you have a healthy relationship with money and approval from people? What help do you need?
Plan of Action
9. Which of the three closing questions MOST needs attention in your life right now? Do further study on it or seek out counsel as to how to put this practice into your life. Find a specific next step to activate your knowledge so that it takes root in your life. Celebrate and trust that God is at work in you to integrate you…to replace lies with the truth in your inmost being!