Sermon Notes & CG Questions 11.21.21
Dwell Well in the House of God
1 Timothy 2:8-15
What is commanded? (vss. 11-12)
1 Peter 3:4; 1 Corinthians 14:33-35; Luke 2:51; Phil. 2:5-11
What are the reasons? (vss. 13-14)
Genesis 3:8-13; 1 Corinthians 11:8-9
What is the hope? (vs. 15)
Galatians 4:4; Philippians 2:12
How do I apply this?
Titus 2:3-4; Acts 19:26
NEXT WEEK: God loves Africans (with special guests The Burleson Family
Questions for the Community
- What kind of roles and distinctions were on display in your home and church growing up? Have you embraced what you saw modeled? Why or why not?
- Review the 6 “strings” that comprise a worldview. How does this shape our daily decisions and eventually our life?
- Look back on the text and your notes from Sunday worship. What has stayed with you? Where specifically is God stirring in you?
- Review the commands and reasons found in our text. What parts are clear, what is still cloudy?
- How can you best apply this as an individual? as a family? as a church member?
- Spend time in prayer as a group. Ask that you’d be salt and light in a Bay Area that is rotting and dark in many ways. Tune your heart to God’s good gift of truth!
Plan of Action
- Is there anything that needs reform or repentance in your life? Are there ideas and practices that need to remain or require reform? Let the mirror of Scripture and teaching of the Holy Spirit guide your steps forward.